FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
- Will my cell phone work?
- Please contact your cellular provider to inquire about availability and cost of service in Belize.
- How much should we tip?
Tipping is a personal decision based on service. Normally guides and hotel staff are tipped upon departure in accordance with help rendered. A normal 'rule of thumb' is $40 - $50 (USD) per boat/per day for your fishing guide, and $15 (USD) per guest/per day to be pooled by hotel staff.
- What should we pack?
Belize is a tropical country where the average temperature is 84F degrees during the day and 75F at night. Dress is informal at the lodge so bring light comfortable clothing. Consider packing the following:
- light jacket or sweater for cool morning or evening
- light long-sleeved shirt and pants for protection from the sun
- wide brimmed hat for protection from the sun
- sunscreen and lip screen (start with SPF 15 or higher)
- insect repellent (we recommend OFF spray with the orange cap)
- lightweight rain gear for those tropical showers (a must June - December)
- camera, batteries and film
- small waterproof bag for carrying extra gear
- polarized sunglasses for spotting the fish (amber color)
- reef waders for stalking bonefish on the flats or snorkeling
- fisherman's pliers, clipper and cleaner
- sufficient supply of personal medications
- pair of binoculars for spotting birds
- hand towel/rag for fishing use
- scuba mask and fins