WE are open & HOPE TO SEE YOU SOON!
Thank you for your continued support, friendship and patience during this pandemic. Destination angling and international adventures have always been about so much more than simply catching fish. Travel is about connecting people and places, and never has this been more important. We look forward to having you safely return to the lodge now that the Belize international airport (BZE) is open.
FREE CANCELATION* guarantee
As we all deal with these challengers in our own way, El Pescador appreciates that a bit of flexibility can help. Therefore, we are offering a cancellation guarantee on new reservations to protect your future investment against COVID-19. If your new trip needs to be canceled due to ongoing COVID-19 issues, we will refund the full amount of your payment(s)! This FREE CANCELATION* guarantee is valid for new 2020 and 2021 trips that are confirmed between May 11th, 2020 - February 28th, 2021. Valid reasons covered by this FREE CANCELATION* guarantee are:
- Border closures prohibiting non-residents travel in /out of BZE
- Mandatory quarantine for all arriving passengers in Belize
Please note that standard cancellation reasons are not covered under the terms of the above FREE CANCELATION* guarantee, and our regular terms will apply. They can and should be covered with a standard trip insurance policy or a more comprehensive “Cancel For Any Reason” insurance policy. These reasons would include:
- Cancellation due to work reasons
- Sickness, illness (including covid-19 virus) or injury of yourself, a family member or a travel partner
- Weather and hurricane events
- Trip interruption or cancellation due to severe or unsafe weather
- Flight delays and/or missed connections
Prior to arrival in Belize please note:
Belize’s country policy is to stay home if you are sick and/or presenting symptoms of COVID-19.
In addition to the usual requirements to enter the Belize international airport (BZE) such as a valid passport, Belize is also currently requiring the following:
- All visitors are required to download the free Belize Travel Health App on their mobile device and fill in the necessary information no more than 72 hours prior to arrival in Belize. It will ask you for the hotel contact and phone #; please use Ali Flota and our local # 226-2398. After filling out the eight-step application process, a unique QR code will be provided. Please take a screenshot of the QR code and be prepared to present it to health authorities at the international airport upon arrival. Apple users can find the “Belize Travel Health” App in the App Store, and Android users can download it from the Belize Tourism Board (BTB) website.
- All visitors have the option to take a Covid-19 test within 72-hours of beginning your travel to Belize (strongly recommended). Passengers who present a negative PCR test upon arrival, will be able to utilize the “fast track” entry lane for much faster arrival processing. Passengers who do not have a negative test will be required to undergo testing by the Ministry of Health upon arrival at the passenger’s expense (results take approximately 15-30 minutes after taking the test). These websites offer at-home Covid-19 PCR test kits. The results are sent electronically within the 72 hour window: https://www.letsgetchecked.com/us/en/ (we have personally used this option and it worked GREAT!) and https://thecovidconsultants.com/#pcr.
- Please practice social distancing and bring face coverings (masks or buffs). By law, all citizens and visitors to Belize must wear a face mask when in public spaces.
To access the detailed health and safety protocols, we invite you to visit:
While at El Pescador, please note:
We have adjusted our operations to meet social distancing and protective gear measures, while at the same time maintaining our quality guest experience. This includes distancing our dining tables and seating options, as well as requiring a face covering of all employees and guests when indoors (excluding your hotel rooms and villas), and when in public places (excluding while eating, drinking, swimming or exercising). Signage in public spaces will remind our guests to maintain social distancing.
We have enhanced our cleaning and sanitation procedures to minimize virus transmission through high contact surfaces and person-to-person contacts. We are committed to providing you with a safe environment that aligns with expert protocols for working to defeat COVID-19. Starting with our public spaces and more-trafficked areas, we are going above and beyond our normal protocols. We are cleaning surfaces with increased frequency, dedicated staff, and recommended cleaning agents. Hand sanitizing stations are available throughout the property. We have added a partition at check-in to provide an extra level of precaution for our guests and our front desk team. In guest rooms, we have elevated our rigorous protocols to thoroughly clean all surfaces with government approved disinfectants. We are also rolling out enhanced technologies including misting foggers to sanitize surfaces throughout the property.
We are supporting health screening of all employees, guides and guests to aid in early detection and contact tracing. We are required to provide daily temperature checks for guests (twice daily for employees). We plan to conduct these screenings for guests every morning - either at breakfast or prior to your daily activity (such as fishing).
In an effort to make flats fishing as safe as possible for our anglers as well as our guides we are requiring everyone on the boat to wear a face covering (buff or mask) throughout the entire fishing day. All fishing boats will be sanitized before and after each day of fishing. Each boat will provide hand sanitizer; anglers are asked to sanitize their hands prior to boarding. All borrowed rods and reels will be cleaned immediately upon your return to the lodge. We are required to manage queuing in an effort to ensure social distancing and avoid bottle-necks specifically around the fly shop and on the dock. Therefore, we have instituted a rotating daily schedule for fishing departures at 20 minute intervals between 6am – 7am. For example, if 8 boats are going out we will coordinate two to go at 6:00am, 2 to go at 6:20am, 2 to go at 6:40am and 2 to go at 7:00am. The departures will rotate to ensure fairness to everyone.
We have implemented technology to offer contactless services. We, therefore, invite you to visit www.flyfishingbelize.com. Please click on “Guests” in the top right hand corner. You will find the site is organized into 3 sections based on when your trip occurs:
Part 1 is for Pre Trip information
Part 2 is information needed During your stay and
Part 3 is entitled After your Stay
Please help us keep you safe by supporting our efforts. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact your travel agent or email@example.com
Thank you very much!
Wishing you and yours the very best,
The El Pescador Family