WE are open & HOPE TO SEE YOU SOON!
Thank you for your continued support, friendship and patience during this pandemic. Destination angling and international adventures have always been about so much more than simply catching fish. Travel is about connecting people and places, and never has this been more important. We look forward to having you safely return to the lodge now that the Belize international airport (BZE) is open.
Prior to arrival in Belize please note:
We are an approved Gold Standard hotel and tour operator. We look forward to welcoming you to our beautiful country. Belize has implemented enhanced health and safety protocols to protect you and ensure that you’ll enjoy your vacation. In addition to the usual requirements to enter the Belize international airport (BZE) such as a valid passport, Belize is also currently requiring the following:
- Download the Belize Health App and complete the required information no more than 72-hours prior to boarding the flight to Belize. It will ask you for the hotel contact and phone #; please use Ali Flota and our local # 226-2398. A QR code with a unique ID number will be returned to you, and will be used for contact tracing while in Belize. Apple users can find the “Belize Travel Health” App in the App Store, and Android users can download it from the Belize Tourism Board (BTB) website. TIP: Please take a screenshot of the QR code to facilitate the entry process.
- Provide proof of immunization OR a negative COVID19 test.
2.1 If you present an official vaccine card showing all required doses taken at least 2 weeks prior to arrival you shall not be required to submit to testing.
2.2 Testing options: bring along a negative Real-time Polymerase Chain Reaction (RT-PCR) Covid-19 test taken within 96 hours of travel (of boarding your 1st flight to Belize), OR a Rapid Antigen, Sofia, SD Biosensor, ABBOTT (Panbio) test results taken no more than 48 hours prior to travel. If neither is presented, you can take a Covid-19 test upon arrival at BZE. TIP: This website offers at-home Covid-19 RT-PCR test kits. The results are sent electronically within the 96-hour window. We have personally used this option and it works GREAT! https://www.letsgetchecked.com/us/en/home-coronavirus-test/
Upon to arrival in Belize please note:
- You will disembark the plane wearing a face mask and proceed to health screening.
- If you brought your proof of immunization or a negative Covid-19 test, and are cleared by Health Officials during your health screening, you will proceed immediately to Immigration & Customs.
- If you did not bring a negative Covid-19 test, you may take a rapid test at the airport for US$50 payable in CASH only (no credit cards and no ATM machine available).
During your stay in Belize please note:
- Wear your face mask at all times when in public.
- Practice social distancing.
- Practice proper hand hygiene by washing hands regularly with soap & water or use hand sanitizer.
- Use Gold Standard certified accommodations, tour operators and transportation providers; visit Gold Standard restaurants, gift shops, and tourism sites all of whom have implemented enhanced health and safety protocols for your protection.
To access the detailed health and safety protocols, we invite you to visit:
US Travelers - COVID Test Required Prior to Departure
Air passengers are required to get a viral test (a test for current infection) within the 3 days before their flight to the U.S. departs, and provide written documentation of their laboratory test result (paper or electronic copy) to the airline or provide documentation of having recovered from COVID-19.
The easiest option available to meet the CDC requirement for testing prior to departure is to take a rapid test from the Belize Diagnostic Center right at the lodge. They are open 7 days per week from 7am – 6pm. The test costs BZD$155 if using a Visa or Mastercard, or USD$75 if using cash. Call 613-TEST (8378) to schedule an appointment, or ask the front desk to call for you.
They will have PCR testing available shortly to meet requirements for countries such as Canada
While at El Pescador, please note:
We have adjusted our operations to meet social distancing and protective gear measures, while at the same time maintaining our quality guest experience. This includes distancing our dining tables and seating options, as well as requiring a face covering of all employees and guests when indoors (excluding your hotel rooms and villas), and when in public places (excluding while eating, drinking, swimming or exercising). Signage in public spaces will remind our guests to maintain social distancing.
We have enhanced our cleaning and sanitation procedures to minimize virus transmission through high contact surfaces and person-to-person contacts. We are committed to providing you with a safe environment that aligns with expert protocols for working to defeat COVID-19. Starting with our public spaces and more-trafficked areas, we are going above and beyond our normal protocols. We are cleaning surfaces with increased frequency, dedicated staff, and recommended cleaning agents. Hand sanitizing stations are available throughout the property. We have added a partition at check-in to provide an extra level of precaution for our guests and our front desk team. In guest rooms, we have elevated our rigorous protocols to thoroughly clean all surfaces with government approved disinfectants. We have rolled out enhanced technologies including misting foggers to sanitize surfaces throughout the property.
We are supporting health screening of all employees, guides and guests to aid in early detection and contact tracing. We are required to provide daily temperature checks for guests (twice daily for employees). We are conducting these screenings for guests every morning - either at breakfast or prior to your daily activity (such as fishing).
In an effort to make flats fishing as safe as possible for our anglers as well as our guides we are requiring everyone on the boat to wear a face covering (buff or mask) throughout the entire fishing day. All fishing boats are sanitized before and after each day of fishing. Each boat will provide hand sanitizer; anglers are asked to sanitize their hands prior to boarding. All borrowed rods and reels are cleaned immediately upon your return to the lodge. We are required to manage queuing in an effort to ensure social distancing and avoid bottle-necks specifically around the fly shop and on the dock. Therefore, we have instituted a rotating daily schedule for fishing departures at 20 minute intervals between 6am – 7am. For example, if 8 boats are going out we will coordinate two to go at 6:00am, 2 to go at 6:20am, 2 to go at 6:40am and 2 to go at 7:00am. The departures will rotate to ensure fairness to everyone.
We have implemented technology to offer contactless services. We, therefore, invite you to visit www.flyfishingbelize.com. Please click on “Guests” in the top right hand corner. You will find the site is organized into 3 sections based on when your trip occurs:
Part 1 is for Pre Trip information
Part 2 is information needed During your stay and
Part 3 is entitled After your Stay
Please help us keep you safe by supporting our efforts. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact your travel agent or email@example.com
Thank you very much!
Wishing you and yours the very best,
The El Pescador Family