Frequently Asked Questions
Will my cell phone work?
Please contact your cellular provider to inquire about availability and cost of service in Belize.
How much should we tip?
Tipping is a personal decision based in service. Please don’t reward us if you have not been satisfied. Also, please let us know as soon as possible if you are not pleased with something so we have an opportunity to correct it for you.
As general guideline, it is customary to leave US$80 - $100 per boat/per day to be given to your fishing guide directly. All non-angling guides appreciate a 15–20% tip on the cost of the excursion.
Our house staff includes front desk, housekeepers, bartenders, boat drivers, grounds keepers and wait-staff & kitchen staff. It is customary to leave a group tip of US$20 per guest, per day upon check out to be pooled and divided equally for all house staff to encourage teamwork. It is not necessary to tip management.
What should we pack?
Belize is a tropical country where the average temperature is 84F degrees during the day and 75F at night year round. Dress is informal at the lodge so bring light comfortable clothing. Consider packing the following:
- Lightweight rain gear (jacket and pants) for those tropical showers (a MUST June–January)
- Bug repellent with deet
- Camera, cords & chargers
- Cell Phone & chargers
- Laptop or PDA and chargers (lodge has Wifi)
- Reading & writing materials
- Sunburn relief spray
- Sunscreens SPF 30+
- Sun block for lips & nose
- Prescription meds
- Non-prescription Meds
- Eyeglasses (and spare)
- Polarized sunglasses (and spare)
- Waterproof boat bag
- Binoculars for spotting birds
- Mask, snorkel & fins (only available for rent on guided excursions)
- Fishing gear as detailed on fishing pre trip info
- Hand towel/rag for use fishing
- Passport (must be valid for no less than six months
- after intended period of stay in Belize.)
- Photocopy of Passport (packed separately)
- Airline tickets
- Itinerary with contact numbers
- Emergency Medical insurance docs
- Credit card (EP accepts Visa and Mastercard)
- Cash for tips
- Hats with brim
- Sun gloves
- Face protector (buff or bandana)
- Long sleeve shirts for fishing (SPF fabric–quick dry)
- Long pants for fishing (SPF fabric–quick dry)
- White socks (tops of feet get burned in the boats)
- Casual pants, shorts
- Casual shirts, short sleeve, t shirts
- Light sweater or fleece
- Bathing suits
- Sandals or walking shoes