Here are some of the popular fly patterns that our guides count on and you should bring. We usually stock these in our shop.
Bonefish & Permit Fly Patterns
Bonefish can be found on a variety of flats from 6" deep to 6 feet deep. 60% of the flies should have bead chain eyes, 30% should have lead eyes, and 10% should have plastic eyes or no eyes at all.
Permit flies should be 80% lead eyes and 20% bead chain eyes. Should be a 50/50 mix of Shrimp and Crab patterns.
- Christmas Island Special, Lead Eye - pink with tan wing, orange with tan wing - size 4,6,8
- Squimp - size 6, 8 - tan
- Crazy Charlie - Tan, White or Pink - size 6,8
- Avalon - size 4
- Grand Slam Crab - size 6
- Gotcha - size 6
- McCrab - size 6
- Spawning Shrimp - size 6
- Mantis Shrimp - size 6, 8
- Merkin - size 4,6
- Bauer Flats Crab - size 4 - tan
Tarpon Fly Patterns
Tarpon flies are generally not weighted at all.
- Tarpon Toad - size 1/0 to 3/0 - White, Chartreuse, Black, Black/Red, Tan
- Black Death - size 1/0 to 3/0
- Tarpon Bunnies - size 1/0 to 3/0- White, Chartreuse, Black, Black/Red, Olive, Tan
- Cockroach - size 1/0 to 3/0
- Deceiver - size 1/0-3/0 - White, Chartreuse/White, Blue/White
- Puglisi Diver - size 1/0, 2/0 - White, Black/Purple, Black/Red
Jack Crevalle Fly Patterns
- Deceiver - Green/White, Blue/White, Chartreuse/White - size 2/0, 3/0
- Big Popper - Blue - size 3/0
- Pencil Popper - size 2/0
- Clouser - size 4, 1, 2/0 - Tan/White, Chartreuse/White or White
- Seducer- size 2/0, 3/0
Barracuda Fly Patterns
- Cuda Fly - Green (double hooked tandem wire) - size 3/0
- Needle Fish - Fluorescent Green/Yellow & White- size 3/0